Thursday, December 16, 2010

Introductions, jogging routines and the pursuit of wellness

Not Me
First an introduction to the future hullaballoo posts which I will be more frequent in this here blog, I don’t know what significance will it have on anything other than just be a weekly log of my daily jogging routines in and about town and that it will keep this blog updated on a regular basis with useful nothings, really.

I seriously started jogging around early September this year mainly because the previous month to that I was diagnosed as a Type II Diabetic which added insult to injury to my already chronic condition of being Hypertensive. It practically came like a thief in the night, so to speak, well… not really, I felt that I had it coming. I was abusive to my body at an early age. I started smoking around 6th grade but ended this affair with the white lady in November 2005 for personal reasons and haven’t smoked a stick since and loving it but I imagined the damage it did to my breathers thru the years. Also, I drink booze heavily when I was in high school thru college setting aside some “patak2x” money with the bros for some shots mostly hard drinks and then the beer eventually but when I was already working that has changed from heavy drinking to seldom maybe twice a week on weekends. It was no secret even that I’ve had my share of the poor man’s powder and miss mary jane in between my schooling days due to peer pressure and being a curious cat that I am then, but I never really got addicted to it (honestly!), just for show really that I was cool with the bros and all, no serious abuse on that department. And to add to all them vices I have lived a sedentary lifestyle for a steady 30+ years. A couch potato advocate and I have ignored the sound of the bell tolling on me fast.

Then early this year, like I said earlier, the news of me having a chronic disease shook me up and it made me wake up and smell the carcass. My doctor told me to have a lifestyle change fast or I’ll be put in the box early as my father was before me. Of all the possible things I could think of doing to attain that Jogging was the only plausible route to take. It practically cost next to nothing compared to the others (i.e. enroll in a Fitness Gym, buy a Tread Mill, hiring a Personal Fitness Trainer or buy a Training Bicycle). All I need is some sturdy running shoes and huge amounts of determination then I am good to go. And so, jog I did as much as I can till I feel good about myself. It is not an easy thing to do but I know I am getting there slowly but surely. From a walk and jog which consist mostly of more walks that runs to a more run than walk routine and more mileage from day to day, I am still hoping I can do it and the rest, as they say, is still unfolding before me. So far I have lost 20 lbs from the last 3 months of doing it and now I can do 2 steady run laps (I believe the oval near our place is 400 meters in length) in the oval non-stop before walking again to recover so, what’s not to love about it.

Sorry for the long introduction, I just can’t help myself to do the tale of the tape.
Anyways, I will be posting a weekly Jog Log starting with Week 48 of 2010 to journalize whether I can keep it up or whether I am progressing or not or whether I need to shut up and quit it altogether because it’s not worth a damn crap doing. Blog post of this nature will be in this example format hopefully (subject to change without prior notice a.k.a. whatever suites my fancy):



Blog Title: Log No. W48-2010 (W-stands for the week of the calendar of the year)



Blog Body: Date/Time/Place/Duration/Walk-Run Routine/Playlist/Note to Self


Not Me Again

update/correction/change of mind/whatever:
I've decided not to the the thingee mentioned above to save me from embarassment or whatever...who would've wanted to read such crap anyways, no blogpost value whatsoever. I'm just gonna put a link on the side bar in this here blog to a site that caters to that kinda thing called the Daily Mile, so if you happen to click the link just humor me and view the embarrassing stats or ignore it thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, try me!